Friday, September 4, 2009

September Fourth. Sleepy Time.
Do you ever sort of wonder what goes through your significant other’s mind during the night?
Frequently, I am awakened by a stab to the ribs. No, not with a knife, but with stiff fingers. I do snore, but not as much as my brother or my good friend T.   She poked him in the eye when he snored in the motel room at Tonmocon 1.
Sometimes, I can’t sleep, and just watch the fan for a while and think of things to write later on. Now and again, she’ll wake up and jab me, insisting I was snoring, even though I was awake.
I think she does it just to keep me on my toes.
                                              (s. sleeping in "starfish configuration")
If I do get up to urinate, or get a drink of water, she sprawls across the kingsize bed like a starfish that has been flung up onto the strand. I have learned to move very quickly when I do get out of bed, and get back fast, before here extra-sensory system has figured out that I am no longer next to her. In this fashion, I can sometimes get as much as six hours of sleep.
Now and again, she'll wake me up to see if I actually was asleep. I guess there is some sort of fear, or hope, of me not breathing.
I suppose time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment