Saturday, July 4, 2009

Clothing Optional

   I typically don’t wear much in the way of clothing around the house, normally nothing, though this does end up with some odd stares from the neighbors if I decide to take my morning tea on the balcony.  Worse than being nude, though, was the pair of light lavender shorts I had, so worn that they were basically tissue paper. I had a light purple penis.  When I saw them in the garbage can,  I figured that the Mrs had decided that enough was enough, and I rarely argue with her reasoning. It is entirely possible that the neighbors had complained, so now I go completely “combat”.

   This has come back to haunt me though, recently, as living with an owl can definitely have an impact on your life. No only does he glare at “Mr. Winkie” (my wife’s terminology , not mine, and yes it does make feel somewhat insignificant) , but he also has, as owls do, have a habit of throwing the heads of his food items off to the side. It is like twisting off the head of a beer bottle, twist, snap, spin.  

   So, if you walk into the studio, you do run a certain risk. O.K., you have a four pound owl glaring at your testicles, and then on top of that, there may be gerbil or hamster heads flung about. He does like to really fling them so !

   Well, I managed to step on some sort of a sharp bone which, even through my very thick soles ( I like to run barefoot), punched a hole. Ouch. Well actually, I said something far different and not safe for the internet, at least for those of you with kids and didn’t have a father who served in the Marines.

   Luckily, I was able to get some antibiotics quickly and shove them into my maw as fast as possible. Gosh, I love the American health care system.

   So, here we are, two weeks later, and not so much of a noticeable limp, though the right calve still aches a bit. Yep, blood poisoning, I would imagine. Bloody owl and their silly bloody head ripping.

  I guess the point of this is to say:

“If you are around an owl, wear shoes.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment